Module One- personal journey and mindset

So I will begin the first post with what I thought is meditation in the beginning. Just some background history about me, I was Taoist when I was born and switch to Buddhist when I was in high school. Soon, in tertiary education, I went to church to better understand the world and stayed for 5 years. I was seeking for the answer, what is earth and why do living things have mindset and thinking. Ultimately, what is me?

I always feel that meditation is feeling all the energy around me, such as atoms and particle and human energy. One reaches a state, dark energy from the universe. When I was still a happy boy living in happiness and appreciating all around me, such meditation that I have been doing seems to be positive, allow me to be extremely cheerful. So I always thought, meditation was always about absorbing energy and come to think about it. Since young, I can always feel the energy around me. Thus, this allows people around me to always feel I am always full of energy.

All change when my Mum passed away, I was pretty lost in my goals and dream. I tried resting my heart, but I kind of become lost and out of focus. Then I come across this awareness course from Coursera.

Then from the body scan and breathe and body meditation. I realise meditation is not just about absorbing energy but also feeling personal sensation. The difference between these 2 types of meditation is body scanning and breathe allows me to feel much calmer and silent. Where my initial meditation allows me to feel much more energise and motivated to focus. This type of meditation over time has allowed me to feel much more non- living like, lost of human heart and sensation. Though I don’t deny, through this type of meditation, it has definitely allowed me to overcome several life problems.


Comments